There are two kinds of people in this world, those who love Twitter, and those who don't realize MySpace died of dysentery a couple of years ago. In addition to getting useful news, information and updates, along with stuff we don't really care about (ie, Lindsay Lohan's house arrest & Justin Bieber's new shoes), they also have a conveniently placed list of "trending topics". Usually, the trending topics are whatever is a hot news event at the moment. The rapture thing was a big one, the AI finale, Oprah's last show, etc.
One of today's trending topics is #lessinterestingbooks. This is right up my alley. Here are some of the better ones...
- The Old Man & the Pond
- A Tale of One City
- Medical Office Assistant Zhivago
- Cat on a Room Temperature Roof
- A Tree Grows in Staten Island
- The Girl With the Temporary Tattoo
- The Mediocre Gatsby
- The Count of Monty Python
- Reasonable Expectations
- The Wrath of Grapes
And my favorite....
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Des Moines